JobID 3619 : District CLDE Coach -- Bilingual (#1446598)
POSITION: Bilingual Program Instructional Coach
This coaching position is a district-level coach in the Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education department that will support schools in implementing specific bilingual models in schools. The coach will work with the administrative teams at assigned schools to improve student achievement by providing support instruction specifically for emerging bilingual students.
Provide building and district level staff development as identified to meet the needs of Multilanguage Learners (MLLs).
Provide direct support to teachers including demonstration and modeling of a variety of effective practices to meet the needs of all ELLs, utilizing the full coaching model of support.
- MA in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education / Curriculum and Instruction or Educational Leadership.
- Must possess or qualify for a Colorado Teaching Certificate and must have demonstrated expertise. Must possess Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Educator endorsement (Linguistically Diverse Educator)
- 5+ years of classroom experience.
- Leadership Experience.
- Experience with bilingual programs is desired
- Must be biliterate in Spanish
- Must be knowledgeable about research-based, effective teaching practices, and national and state content standards and curriculum, inclusive of English Language Development and bilingual education.
- Experience working with the Data Team Process
- Experience Analyzing and interpreting data to identify effective interventions.
- Experience working with at-risk populations and English Language Learners (ELLs).
- Provide coaching support including planning, feedback, and modeling of instruction for the Bilingual Program in schools
- Provide coaching support including planning, feedback, and modeling of strategies to support academic language during content instruction and on bridging languages
- Support data teams in schools to review the progress of English Language Learners in both English and Spanish
- Support data teams in the district to review the progress of English Language Learners in both English and Spanish
- Evaluate the implementation of Bilingual programming in schools and support the CLDE department and principals to identify next steps to strengthen programming
- Provide professional learning around Bilingual Programming and Academic language at both the school and district level.
- Provide Professional Learning during New Teacher Induction and summer PD as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SALARY: Per the Certified Employee salary schedule. To view current Adams 14 salary schedules, please click here. Adams County School District 14 is a direct deposit employer.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: Until filled.
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's online application for employment. Apply online at www.adams14.org. For more information call 303-853-3201.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado's 23rd largest school district and serves more than 7,500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.