JobID 4696 : Instructional Specialist - Special Education (#1427428)
Instructional Specialist - Special Education
27J Schools is currently seeking an Instructional SPED Specialist to provide coordination and support in addressing the needs of the Districts' diverse student population including students with disabilities. The Special Education Department is a member of the 27J Schools Student Achievement Division and working collaboratively to ensure ALL students have access to the general education curriculum; thereby, ensuring positive outcomes for ALL students.
The Instructional SPED Specialist position is intentionally designed to provide professional learning opportunities, support, coaching and collaboration with district and school staff to improve specialized instructional pedagogy - including Co-Teaching, in addition to effective practices that supports access to the general education curriculum, district and state assessments and leads to increasing graduation rates and positive post-school outcomes for students with disabilities.
For a full job description: Please go to: www.sd27j.org, click on Departments, then Human Resources and Job Descriptions. This position is listed under Administration/Supervisors on page 2.
This is a full-time, or 1.0 FTE, position with benefits.
- Required: Master's Degree in a Special Education related field
- Required: Must have, or have the ability to obtain within 1 year of hire date (must demonstrate progress towards completion), a current Special Education Director and/or Educational Leadership license from the Colorado Department of Education.
- Required: A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a Special Education Related field
- Preferred: Experience with some instruction at the high school level.
- Preferred: Experience in providing professional learning opportunities/coaching to adults.
- Preferred: Expertise in the use of technology and its integration within the classroom.
Apply online at www.workat27j.com. External applicants: please upload current educator license and transcripts the confer highest degree.
Employees currently contracted with 27J Schools, please use Internal Application. Substitutes are considered External applicants.
- All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.