JobID 4691 : Campus Supervisor (#1424160)
DESCRIPTION: Insure the middle school campus and building is safe and efficient by patrolling the building and grounds, monitoring student behavior, diffusing hostile situations, facilitating the mediation of conflict among students, monitoring traffic in parking lots, assisting administration and counselors through Restorative Practices, enforcing school rules, and providing for the overall security of students and staff.
SALARY: Classified Grade J, $16.19 - $18.19 per hour to start, depending on recent relevant experience. 10 hours per day, Tuesday through Friday, 9 month work schedule, paid over 12 months. Position eligible for benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor campus, parking lots, lunch areas, and high school building to prevent property damage, provide security, and regulate unauthorized persons from being on campus. Do timely perimeters checks of campus.
- Maintain camera systems, installing, monitoring and burning videos.
- Mediate student conflicts, Investigate drug and alcohol cases, complete student searches and communicate with SRO's when needed. Monitor students in order to eliminate truancy and to prevent physical altercations, disagreements, and drug and alcohol use on campus. Assist teachers with disruptive students and assist admin in front office security. Implement and enforce attendance policy and dress code. Help develop our school wide Restorative Practices program and cultivate it throughout the school.
- Supervise drills.
- Supervise evening events: games, dances, school events, prom, graduation. Assist with event set up if needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Specialized courses in law enforcement and/or security preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Desire to work with at-risk youth.
- Knowledge of and experience in law enforcement.
- Ability to make effective decisions while dealing with ambiguous situations.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with computers, telephone, and two-way radio.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to pass a Colorado and Federal Bureau of Investigation background check.
- Over two years and up to three years' experience working with at-risk youth , some in law enforcement or security..
- Basic math, accounting and English skills.
- Intermediate oral and written communication; interpersonal relations; personal computer; keyboarding and work processing skills and organizational skills.
- Advanced customer service and public relations skills; critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- The ability to manage confidentiality in all aspects of job, manage multiple priorities, manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions, and ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.
REPORTS TO SCHOOL PRINCIPAL ///// SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT ///// DIRECT BANKING REQUIRED ///// AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ///// School District 27J desires to recruit and retain employees who share our commitment to providing outstanding educational services and opportunities to our diverse student population. The District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. The District complies with the Civil Rights Act of 1964, related Executive Orders 11246 and 11375, Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 402 of the Vietnam Era Veteran's readjustment At of 1974, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, and all civil rights laws of the State of Colorado. Accordingly, equal opportunity of employment shall be extended to all persons and the District shall promote equal opportunity and treatment through fair and equitable hiring practices. The 27J Administration Building is located at 18551 E. 160th Ave., Brighton, CO 80601. ///// Strong bilingual skills, especially in Spanish, are a plus. Experiences working with students from economically diverse backgrounds are sought for many of our positions. All current employees shall be interviewed and considered first. If there are no qualified candidates, then non-employees shall be interviewed and considered.