JobID 4675 : Special Education Teacher - SSN - Transition (#1411774)
27J Schools is seeking a Special Education Teacher to join the team at the Transition Learning Center, which is a program designed to work with students ages 18-21 to gain adult living and work skills. This program provides instruction and support to students both in a classroom setting and out in the community.
- Provide direct instruction in all aspects of life skills to young adults with disabilities.
- Work as a part of a teacher team in the development and direction of the program including supervision of paraprofessionals and coordination with related services staff.
- Coordinate and collaborate with agencies, community resources and services and employers to provide learning experiences in the community
- Work with parents and adult agency personnel to coordinate the transition from school to adulthood.
- A valid Colorado Department of Education Teaching License.
- Colorado Department of Education “In Field” by CDE endorsement or qualifications to teach the posted subject area.
- The ability to handle many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to become certified to drive a small bus.
- The ability and interest to be part of a high-functioning team. (Having respected and trusted colleagues- preferably as teammates- makes the demands of teaching sustainable.)
- The ability and interest to learn continuously and to adapt to changing circumstances (student characteristics, curriculum, and so on).
- A belief in empowering all children as owners of their learning.
Apply online at www.workat27j.com. External applicants must upload a current resume, Teaching license from CDE, and transcripts. Teachers currently contracted with SD27J, please use Internal Application, upload a current resume and provide a maximum of 2 years previous work experience. Substitutes are considered External applicants.
- All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.
Join us at our 27J Schools Career Fair!
When: April 6, 2019 8:00 am
Where: Riverdale Ridge High School, 13380 Yosemite St, Thornton CO 80602
Go to http://workat27j.com/ to sign-up.