JobID 478 : Utah - Chief Academic Officer, Park City School District, Park City, UT, 2018-19 (#1403386)
Position Description for: Park City School District, Park City, Utah—Chief Academic Officer
The Park City School District, Park City Utah, is seeking a highly qualified Chief Academic Officer. The district wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position on a date mutually agreed upon between successful candidate and the district.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the district in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: 40 miles southeast of Salt Lake City
Purpose Statement for the Chief Academic OfficerPosition
- Ensure that all the pieces contributing to academics - curriculum, instruction, assessment, and professional learning - among them - are working together..
The candidate must have the background, skills and abilities essential for excellence. The district has developed the following functions for the position:
Essential job duties include the following, and other duties as assigned.
- Serve as lead messenger for the values and beliefs of the school system and the community.
- Set the tone and prioritize high standards for all students.
- “Connect the dots” so teachers and community stakeholders see how standards, classroom lessons, and professional learning all mesh with academic improvement in mind.
- Promote shared vision for academic improvement across schools, principals, and teachers. Work with Coherence Framework to build Deeper Understanding of learning and learners.
- Direct supervisory responsibility for the PK-12 principals, who serve as instructional leaders in their buildings.
- Provide key support for innovative teaching and learning system.
- Essential job duties include the following, and other duties as assigned.
- Acts as a resource person to other central administrative staff in the development and implementation of administrative practices, policies and procedures for the District.
- Responsible for K-12 Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment: Ensures there is a PK-12 continuum of teaching and learning through a cohesive, consistent and articulated district written curriculum. Assures the implementation of the curriculum at the building and classroom level with support of the Deputy Superintendent, program coordinators, and building administrators.
- Prepares grant proposals to procure funding to further district goals and objectives.
- Researches various teaching and program models and approaches as directed by the superintendent or assistant superintendent.
- Trains coaches, teacher leaders, and trainers, and teaches in-service sessions, classes, courses and workshops.
- Implements, along with the Superintendent, the comprehensive plan of interventions to address proficiency gap among ELL and Hispanic students.
Directly supervises program specialists, school administrators and teachers on special assignment, along with the administrative assistant. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with District policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities including: training, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. .
- Master’s Degree and four to ten years of related experience and/or training preferred.
- Successful experience as a School Principal preferred.
- Depth of experience to understand where teachers are, where the system is headed, and how to clearly and explicitly make progress as a grade level, school, and system.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Utah Administrative/Supervisory License.
- Closing date for applications: June 6, 2019 (11:30 p.m. central time) or open until filled
- Finalists interviews with the district: TBD
- Selection of new Chief Academic Officer Management: TBD
- Start Date: on a date mutually agreed upon between the successful candidate and the district
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C.
11725 Arbor St., Suite 220
Omaha, NE 68144
School Website: http://www.pcschools.us
Consultants: Dr. William Dean email@example.com
Ms. Barbara Dean firstname.lastname@example.org
Park City School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and, when needed, will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Anyone requesting a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruitment process please contact McPherson & Jacobson at the address/phone/email above.