JobID 7582 : Program Specialist - Application Development (Repost) (#1399289)
Job Title: Program Specialist - Application Development
Supervisor: Director of Information Technology - Applications
Terms of Employment: 246 Days
The Program Specialist for Application Development will design, develop, implement, deploy, manage and support custom stand-alone and web-based dynamic, data-driven applications. The Program Specialist will also provide integration and support for new and legacy applications, produce project plans and documentation from interaction with and data gathered from end user/customer representatives. This employee will also provide support with quality control checks on all databases and programs.
- Design, develop, implement, deploy, debug, manage and support custom applications in a variety of environments and technologies.
- Design, develop, implement, manage and support new databases and data structures in a variety of operating system and relational database management environments.
- Identify, install, integrate and support various open source applications and tools identified for use and integration across the district.
- Work with other technology staff members to ensure data integrity between systems and to streamline data and workflows across systems.
- Train end-users and assist technical support staff on the use of application systems software as needed.
- Maintain regular written communication on project status with team lead, project management, and executive management.
- Troubleshoot production problems within assigned applications software.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed application systems to process data.
Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the District’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or computer science.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing databases/data structures in Microsoft SQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL and other relational data base management systems.
- Demonstrated experience designing, developing, testing, deploying and supporting custom applications in a variety of environments, technologies and (programming) languages including, but not limited to VB.NET, ASP.NET, ColdFusion, and C#.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and reach with hands and arms; walk; sit; stoop or kneel; crouch or crawl.
Additional physical requirements include the following:
- Physically capable of frequently lifting or moving up to 40 pounds;
- Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus;
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time;
- Manual dexterity for the purpose of using a telephone and data entry;
- Read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids;
- Hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; and
- Speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pay Grade: 30
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator or supervisor. Horry County Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time without prior notice.