JobID 4065 : Financial Operations Associate (Pending Board Approval) (#1385173)
Position Summary: Under the guidance of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), supports the office of the CFO and the coordination and execution of finance wide projects and related tasks for various work streams across the different teams in the finance department (e.g. payroll, accounting, treasury, budget, materials management & Federal programs). Executes operational tasks and provides high-level administrative support to ensure daily and cyclical department operations are carried out efficiently (e.g. prepare district reports, inter-departmental communications, process information requests, perform clerical functions and coordinate and manage small projects to support the functions of the finance team).
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or related field. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of working on project teams and/or managing projects or initiatives involving a variety of stakeholders, preferably in a fast-paced environment
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (MUNIS and NOVUS experience a plus).
Responsibilities and Essential Functions: The following duties are representative of performance expectations:
- Provide administrative and operational support to the CFO and other team members as necessary inclusive of: managing the CFO’s calendar and correspondence while ensuring preparedness for events and meetings, processing requisitions for travel, supplies, and equipment through the efficient usage of the Munis system;
- Be the first point of contact for patrons visiting the 5th floor providing impeccable customer service;
- Support various finance department operations including but not limited to:
- Payroll: assist with payroll customer service, time-keeping group schedules (e.g. Kronos), provide salary information for workers’ comp, process teacher assistant and substitute pay, payroll runs,
- Accounting: process mileage reimbursement, support the comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR) by conducting research and supporting other audit related tasks,
- Materials Management: review end of year invoices and accruals to ensure proper coding to the appropriate year.
- Budget: facilitate printing of annual and mid-year budget book, process public notices for the budget process, file and archive budget files
- Develop high quality materials, reports and presentations for a range of internal and external audiences;
- Manage fixed assets and serve in an office manager capacity for the finance department
- Help resolve technical issues for the department as necessary.
- Perform other tasks, duties, or services consistent with this position as assigned
Skills and Abilities Required: The following characteristics and physical skills are important for the successful performance of assigned duties:
- Willingness to work non-standard hours
- Leverages strong organizational and time management skills, including keen attention to detail, proactive problem-solving, and the ability to adhere to strict timelines
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to manage multiple projects and work-streams happening concurrently;
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, including in Spanish.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience effectively engaging with multiple constituencies
- Ability to work proactively, anticipating the needs of colleagues and assessing potential risks – i.e. the ability to identify problems and anticipate potential problems
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems, including the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Must be a self-starter, taking the initiative to develop self while seeking feedback for continuous growth and improvement
- Ability to cultivate trusting, respectful, professional relationships with team members across the organization
- Ability to provide high levels of customer service to meet varying team and individual’s needs
- Embody core values and show initiative to support organizational priorities
Supervisory Responsibility: • None
Working Conditions: Exposure to the following situations may range from rare to frequent based on circumstances and factors that may not be predictable.
- Regular office environment, including frequent use of electronic email, being able to sit for long periods of time without a break, etc.
- Must be mobile in order to attend events and meetings outside of regular work hours
- Normal effort of occasional periods of light physical activity
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team of individuals who contribute to the district’s mission with their talent, skills and energy. Tulsa Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons because of age, race, color, creed, religion, disability, gender, ethnic or national origin, or veteran status. Tulsa Public Schools prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with disabilities.