JobID 4616 : Elementary Principal and Planning Year for Opening ES#13 (#1381351)
27J SCHOOLS is seeking an elementary school principal to provide dynamic leadership for the entire educational program at Elementary School#13.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides support for the educational process by functioning as the building administrator for the Elementary School; uses leadership, supervisory, and administrative skills to promote the educational development of each student; organizes, directs, evaluates, supervises, and coaches staff; evaluates and administers the operations and programs of the elementary school including personnel, the physical plant, budget, student services, school activities, and curriculum and instructional programs; acts as a representative of the District in various community groups and forums; serves as member of District Leadership Council. This begins with one year for planning purposes to open a school. It will include all of the above and creation of a handbook for opening a new school, and other duties assigned to support Student Achievement in achieving 27J Schools goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support for the educational process by functioning as the building administrator for the elementary school. Coordinates, implements, and evaluates the instructional program and schedule. Supervises all programs and services to enhance individual student education and development.
- Year one includes creating an Opening a New School Handbook
- Leads and coordinates the development and implementation of the Unified Improvement Plan. Monitors implementation benchmarks throughout the process, provides support for students and staff in change efforts.
- Leads the process for observing, evaluating, and supervising and coaching all certified and classified staff on a regular scheduled program each school year. Develops and monitors all members of the staff to build their capacity to meet the learning needs of students by monitoring student achievement and formative assessment of professional development.
- Uses leadership, supervisory and administrative skills to promote the educational development of each student. Works collaboratively with parents, staff and students to formulate a school vision and develop goals and objectives consistent with district goals and objectives. Leads in the development, monitoring, and evaluation of the instructional program based on district content standards and assessment requirements.
- Organizes, directs, and coordinates the recruiting, screening, hiring, training, assigning, supervision and evaluation of the school staff. Coordinates professional development opportunities for staff. Participates in professional growth activities.
- Evaluates and administers the operations and programs of the elementary school including personnel, the physical plant, budget, student services, programs and school activities along with curriculum and instructional programs.
- Establishes and maintains a safe, effective learning climate in the school by implementing discipline, attendance, health and safety programs aligned with district policies.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the cultural diversity of the school and community.
- Administers budget allocations and grant funds in a responsible, efficient, and effective manner.
- Ensures the safety and security of students and staff.
- Manages and ensures the maintenance of the school facility.
- Acts as a representative of the District in various community groups and forums. Serves as a member of the District Leadership Council.
- Other Assigned Duties to support Student Achievement in reaching 27J Schools Goals.
- Establishes and maintains positive public relations with the district, community, staff, students and parents through effective communication.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports board policies and negotiated agreements.
- Follows through on all duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or the Superintendent.
- Master's Degree minimum; other advanced graduate work preferred.
- Colorado Principal License or Administrator License required.
- Experience as a school principal or assistant principal preferred.
- At least three years teaching experience at the elementary school level required.
- Training and/or experience in major areas of personnel and personnel management required.
- Experience and knowledge of curriculum for elementary schools, with a knowledge of state standards required.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in collaborative decision making required.
- All future correspondence will be handled via the email address you provided in your online application. Check your In-Box and SPAM folder.
All 27J postings close at 4:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time