JobID 8617 : K-12 General Education Teacher-Summer Assessment Team (#1363643)
K-12 General Education Teacher-Summer Assesment Team
Posted: February 26, 2019
Deadline for application: Until Filled
Contract length: 2018-2019 Summer
Work Schedule: M-Th; 8:00am - 12:00pm
Nature and Scope of Job: Provide an enriched atmosphere where students learn subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible members of society. Facilitate learning and guide students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional and psychological growth and maturation. Responsible to the building principal and department director where assigned.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training:
- Valid Colorado teacher license.
- Meet NCLB Highly Qualified requirements for teaching assignment
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students;
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students;
- Maintains a discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive environment for all student and staff in accordance with school and county policies;
- Ensures adequate supervision to assure health, welfare, and safety of all students;
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum standards, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and communicates these objectives to students;
- Uses instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives and standards;
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required;
- Diagnoses the learning abilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required;
- Counsels with colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis;
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner;
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for instructional assistants and/or volunteer(s), and works cooperatively with department heads;
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required;
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media to meet the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved;
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional standards and objectives;
- Respects students' personal spaces throughout the day;
- Implements students' IEP plans, while ensuring the integrity of academic time and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate;
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation;
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms;
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods;
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials;
- Accepts a share of the responsibility for co-curricular activities as assigned;
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities;
- Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible;
- Models non-discriminatory practices in all activities;
- Complies with and supports school and division regulations and policies;
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students;
- Provides for his/her own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by building administrator(s) in accordance with school/division policies and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding students' information.
Weld County School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org