JobID 8622 : Summer Assessment Team- Physical Therapist (#1363626)
Summer Assessment Team - Physical Therapist
Posted: February 26, 2019
Deadline for application: Until-Filled
Contract length: 2018-2019 Seasonal
Work Schedule: As needed
Nature and Scope of Job: The position provides federally mandated quality educationally-based Physical Therapy services to students who qualify through a referral, evaluation and determination by the individual education plan (IEP) team. The PT provides parents, families and school personnel guidance and support to understand the occupations of the student's needs in terms of access to educational activities within the school environment.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training:
• Four (4) year certified Physical Therapy degree through an accredited university- Masters Degree preferred.
• DORA License.
• CDE Special Services License in Physical Therapy or ability to apply for prior to beginning employment.
• Bilingual skills preferred.
• Experience working with students with disabilities.
• Any other combination of related education, experience and training.
Qualifications: Experience indicating the ability to work closely with adults and students. Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions. Ability to perform all functions of the position.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist with data collection and evaluation to address and support educational needs of students.
• Implements and coordinates an individual educational plan (IEP) for students who have been identified by
• Provides direct and indirect services that follow an established program based upon individual student educational needs.
• Provides Physical Therapy services designed to focus on improving the students ability to perform at school, access the educational environment, promote improved independence and or to suggest and asist with implementation of appropriate adaptive equipment and/or accommodations.
• Communicates and interacts with other team members as well as family/caregivers
• Maintains, completes and process records and documents required by Greeley-Evans School District 6
• Follows the policies and procedures established by Greeley-Evans School District 6.
• Improves professional qualifications and effectiveness by participating in available staff development offered by Greeley-Evans School District 6 , as well as those offered at the state level.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org