JobID 8625 : Summer Assessment Team-Occupational Therapist (#1363611)
Summer Assessment Team- Occupational Therapist
Posted: February 26, 2019
Deadline for application: Until-Filled
Contract length: 2018-2019
Work Schedule: As needed
Nature and Scope of Job: The position provides federally mandated quality educationally-based Occupational Therapy services to students who qualify through a referral, evaluation and determination by the individual education plan (IEP) team. The OT provides parents, families and school personnel guidance and support to understand the occupations of the student within the school environment.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training:
- Four (4) year Occupational Therapy degree through accredited university- masters preferred.
- NBCOT registration.
- DORA License.
- CDE Special Services License or ability to apply for prior to beginning employment.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- Experience working with students with disabilities.
- Any other combination of related education, experience and training.
Qualifications: Experience indicating the ability to work closely with adults and students. Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions. Ability to perform all functions of the position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with data collection and evaluationImplements and coordinates an individual educational plan (IEP) for students who have been identified by IDEIA
- Promotes the student functional independence or participation with in the educational environment by:
- Improving, developing or restoring functions impaired or lost through illness, injury or deprivation;
- Improving ability to perform tasks for independent functioning if functions are impaired or lost
- Preventing through early intervention, initial or further impairment of loss of function.
- Provides direct and indirect services that follow an established program based upon individual student educational needs.
- Communicates and interacts with other team members as well as family/caregivers
- Maintains, completes and process records and documents required by Weld County School District 6
- Follows the policies and procedures established by Weld County School District 6.
- Improves professional qualifications and effectiveness by participating in available staff development offered by Weld County School District 6 , as well as those offered at the state level.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org