JobID 8610 : Title I Instructional Assistant - Centennial Elementary School (#1347826)
Title I Instructional Assistant - Centennial ElementarySchool
Posted: February 15, 2019
Deadline for application: Until-Filled
Contract length: 180 Days
Compensation: $12.16/hr., plus benefits
Work Schedule: 8 hours per day; M-F
Nature and Scope of Job: Supervises student conduct, instructs individual or small groups of students, supports school-wide assessment, and performs other duties and clerical tasks as assigned.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training:
- AA degree (preferred) or
- 48 semester hours of approved college credit or
- Passing scores on the WorkKeys exam.
Qualifications: Basic knowledge of computer data entry. Basic knowledge of office procedures and office equipment. Basic knowledge of reading, arithmetic, grammar and spelling. Ability to communicate effectively with students and district staff. Ability to perform all functions of the position. Willingness to learn assistive technology software.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with individual students or small groups to reinforce instructional material planned and/or presented by classroom teacher. Assists with computer assignments and various classroom activities. Supports individual student's access to the curriculum (i.e., note taking, reading, assistive technology, etc…)
- Instructs small groups in assigned content areas in alignment with in-building or in-district training.
- Administers selected assessments in alignment with in-building or in-district training.
- Administers tests and other assignments as assigned.
- Performs clerical duties, such as: copying, laminating, record keeping, data entry and filing, and cutting and pasting.
- Interacts with technology for data entry and instruction including hardware and software programs such interactive white boards, document cameras, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and web based systems.
- Monitors students before, during and after school, on the playground and in the cafeteria. Implements school's PBIS.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 90% of time spent with students.
- Assists with lesson plans.
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org