JobID 8596 : School Secretary - Fred Tjardes School of Innovation (#1329680)
School Secretary (Part-Time) - Fred Tjardes
Posted: February 5, 2019
Deadline for application: Until-Filled
Contract length: 194 days
Compensation: $15.06 per hour
Work Schedule: M- F; 3.5 hours per day (Part-Time)
Nature and Scope of Job: Performs a variety of clerical/secretarial, customer services and office organization duties in support of the main office at an elementary, middle, or high school. Duties include answering phones and routing calls, maintaining department records, maintaining calendars, and composing and editing written materials. Position requires interaction with students, parents, teachers and other staff members on a daily basis. Employee must possess excellent public relation skills and be able to maintain a professional environment in a fast paced atmosphere.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training
- High school diploma or GED, supplemented by clerical and office experience. College level course pertaining to job skills are helpful.
- Or any other combination of related education, experience, and training.
- Medicine module training preferred. First aid, CPR training helpful.
- Bilingual skills helpful, but not required.
- Two years experience in responsible secretarial/office work utilizing computer systems.
Qualifications: Ability to perform routine secretarial tasks without direction from supervisor. Knowledge of basic and routine office management principles and practices. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and community. Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook. Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Word, or Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint as well as other job-appropriate software applications. E-mail, Infinite Visions.
Knowledge of project management principles, practices, policies and procedures.
Flexibility and excellent public relations skills are of utmost importance. Proficient in the operation of word processing and other office equipment. Proficient in business English, spelling, and office procedures.
Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to be flexible and handle multiple tasks and interruptions. Ability to create, compose and edit basic, routine and complex written materials. Ability to apply organizational structure, workflow and operating procedures. Ability to perform all functions of the position. Ability to perform basic health clerk duties; i.e. giving meds, giving first aid, etc.
Enjoys working with children, parents, and the public.
Good organization and time management skills. Ability to work under stress and time constraints. Interact and contribute to a team in a positive, productive manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist or gather data and prepare reports which may include state and federal government reports. May develop reporting forms and procedures.
- Basic maintenance of office equipment and ordering of supplies.
- Type and format correspondence, reports and publications and other written materials utilizing word processing and data processing computer software.
- Use a variety of computer formats to compose correspondence for own or another’s signature.
- Operate PC on daily basis, utilizing a variety of software programs.
- Answer inquiries and complaints and make referrals to appropriate resource.
- May supervise leadership students working in the office.
- Operate personal computer and standard office equipment. May train new personnel in the operation of equipment.
- May maintain office inventory.
- Answer calls, receive visitors, and take messages. May serve as school receptionist.
- May assist or act as a back-up to the Health Clerk when needed.
- May be assigned or sub for before/after school or lunch duty.
- Maintain confidentiality in all information concerning students, parents, teachers, and staff.
- Duties may vary significantly depending upon department served.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist in preparation for staff meetings.
- May provide coverage for other secretaries as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org