POSITION: Librarian REPORTS TO: Principal SUPERVISES: N/A TERM: 10 months JOB GOAL: Librarians develop, implement and promote the school library (or media center) program within their school. They manage library staff, equipment and facilities, and serve as experts in books, electronic resources and audiovisual materials.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: Job Description: Librarian 1. Provide an instructional program that is differentiated.
2. Create a secure classroom climate.
3. Evaluates books and/or periodicals for retention within collection (e.g. repairing damaged books, recommending retirement of books and/or periodicals, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring an up-to-date library collection that meets patrons needs.
4. Inventories library books, equipment, and materials (e.g. bar codes, database, etc.) for the purpose of documenting losses and/or maintaining availability of materials.
5. Processes library books, periodicals, software and related library media center materials (e.g. logging into master files; identifying receiving site, producing required reports, etc. ) for the purpose of providing students and staff with required materials.
6. Experience with instruction on information and technology literacy skills, including the research process 7. Leadership, organizational, and budget management skills
8. Ability to successfully interact with students and staff from various disciplines and with differing skill levels
9. Plan, develop, implement, and monitor with student success as your goal.
10. Use available technology in your lessons.
11. Communicate effectively with parents and students.
12. Assist with others duties as assigned by the Principal