JobID 8554 : ESY Special Education Occupational Therapist (#1291142)
Position: ESY Special Education Occupational Therapist
Posted: January 11, 2019
?Closes: Until Filled
Contract length: Summer 2019
Compensation: Salary range based on knowledge and experience
Work Schedule: M-F
Nature and Scope of Job: The position provides federally-mandated quality educationally-based Occupational Therapy services to students who qualify through a referral, evaluation and determination by the individual education plan (IEP) team. The OT provides parents, families and district personnel guidance and support to understand the occupations of the student within the school environment. Consultants will also provide training to other staff and work on special projects for the district. Consultants also will be asked to complete other district-wide projects and tasks including extended educational opportunities for all students and special staff development projects. This position will provide supervision of services and professional consulting services across the district.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training:
- Four (4) year Occupational Therapy degree through accredited university - masters preferred.
- NBCOT registration
- DORA License
- CDE Special Services License or ability to apply for prior to beginning employment.
- Knowledge of the Colorado Specialized Service Professional Quality Standards
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- Any other combination of related education, experience and training.
- Must have some experience with the pediatric population.
- Experience working with students with disabilities.
Qualifications: Ability to supervise adults who are charged with delivering medical/health services. Prefers leadership situations relating to meeting the social, emotional, psychological and academic needs of students. Prefers a work environment where flexibility, ability to deal with conflict, a high tolerance for stress, an ability to quickly internalize information and make informed decisions, and long hours are a part of the assignment. Experience indicating the ability to work closely with adults and students. Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions. Ability to perform all functions of the position.
Essential Job Functions: Please Note: Only representative duties are described. Additional related details and miscellaneous duties will be required in the performance of this job.
- Implements and coordinates an individual educational plan (IEP) for students who have been identified by IDEA.
- Promotes the student functional independence or participation within the educational environment by:
- Improving, developing or restoring functions impaired or lost through illness, injury or deprivation.
- Improving ability to perform tasks for independent functioning if functions are impaired or lost.
- Preventing through early intervention, initial or further impairment of loss of function.
- Provides direct and indirect services that follow an established program based upon individual student educational needs.
- Communicates and supervises other team members as well as family/caregivers.
- Provide professional development to staff.
- Maintains, completes and process records and documents required by Weld County School District 6.
- Follows the policies and procedures established by Weld County School District 6.
- Improves professional qualifications and effectiveness by participating in available staff development offered by Weld County School District 6, as well as those offered at the state level.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org