JobID 200 : Substitute Paraprofessional (#1273954)
Job | Posted 9 months ago
Prospect Ridge AcademyCreating Academic, Social, and Ethical Leaders
Substitute Paraprofessional Job Description
All employees at Prospect Ridge Academy work together to create academic, social, and ethical leaders. Every employee at Prospect Ridge Academy is expected to deliver exceptional customer service skills to our students, parents, and PRA community. Prospect Ridge Academy is a dynamic school, subject to changing work environments, adaptation of new educational principles and values, and evolving culture. Adaptability to change is essential. This job description is an overview of duties and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
The Substitute Paraprofessional is responsible for the supporting the needs of the students in the school for the duration of their assignment. The Substitute Paraprofessional must maintain classroom routines to the best of their abilities while working with students, parents, other teachers and staff toward achieving the goals set forth in the Prospect Ridge Academy Mission Statements.
Substitute Paraprofessionals have the opportunity to choose assignments in alternate areas of the school such as Kitchen, Health Room, Office, Library, Lunch/Recess and Classroom. These types of assignments can be accepted if after hire the person completes appropriate training in each of the areas of interest.
The Paraprofessional at PRA will:
- Working with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by certified staff.
- Model and foster independent thinking skills, creative problem solving and abstract reasoning
- Show empathy and understanding of students and holds students accountable
- Communicate consistently and effectively with students, parents and colleagues
- Develops a cooperative partnership based on mutual respect with colleagues and students
- Communicate and collaborate with teachers on needs of the classroom
- Facilitate resolution of problems that might arise with students
- Performs assigned supervision of students during lunch periods, play periods, and on field trips
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in school environment and community
- Knowledge of and adherence to approved communication pathways
- Follow policies established by the Prospect Ridge Academy Board of Directors, Adams 12 School District, and Colorado State mandated school guidelines, except where PRA has received waivers
- Complete other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma Required
• Aptitude for the work to be performed
• Interest in children and education
• Expert-level written and oral communication skills
• Commitment to PRA approved curriculum
• Commitment to implementation of Character Education and Positive Behavior System
• Entrepreneurial outlook and charter school commitment
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Strong self-starter; able to work with limited direction
• Ability to apply superb judgment
This position reports to the Elementary Assistant Principal.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policy and expectation documents, staff agreements, evaluation rubrics, curriculum maps and materials, and student assessment documents. Ability to effectively document classroom observations, analyze data to improve instructional practices and correspond with staff from all levels. Ability to speak effectively before groups of staff, students, Board of Directors, Administrators and parents.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The hours may be long when specific needs arise, thus some extended schedules will be necessary. This is a position that must attend the needs of staff, Administrators, Prospect Ridge Academy Board of Directors and parents. Work may consist of ten (10) plus hour days with weekend work required from time to time. Prospect Ridge Academy is a dynamic school, subject to changing work environments, adaptation of new educational principles and values, and shifting culture. Adaptability to change is essential.