English Instructor (#1259953)
The teacher is responsible for providing high-quality, effective instruction and expecting academic excellence toward mastery of course content and related skills. Teacher kindles curiosity and a sense of wonder, inspires lifelong learning, engages the intellect, and models character to students. Teacher maintains a positive, productive classroom environment and a culture of inquiry and learning.
The selected candidate with have the credentials to teach both at the high school and college level.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Demonstrates mastery of content area knowledge
* Demonstrates content area knowledge to teach the subject.
* Demonstrates relevant pedagogical knowledge to teach the subject.
* Conveys enthusiasm for and interest in content area to engage and inspire students for lifelong learning.
* Plans and prepares lessons
* Creates instructional plans based on clear and measurable course, unit, and lesson objectives.
* Designs formal and informal assessments to accurately measure the established objectives.
* Designs learning to be cumulative.
* Develops course required materials, including syllabi, CEC web page, course resources, etc.
* Delivers effective instruction
* Provides effective instruction to help students achieve mastery of course content and related skills.
* Communicates expectations clearly and provides regular and meaningful feedback to students and parents on academic progress.
* Engages students in higher-order thinking
* Monitors student achievement to ensure adequate progression towards course objectives and provides support as needed.
* Supports the interventions and accommodations that the Learning Specialist has developed for students.
* Establishes classroom environment
* Creates a classroom culture of high academic expectations, diligence and mutual respect.
* Fairly enforces school discipline expectations for the purpose of student character growth.
* Strives to develop appropriate relationships with students. Maintains high expectations
* Regularly communicates expectations of high standards to all students
* Goes above and beyond for the good of CEC, modeling this behavior to students
* Meets professional expectations
* Committed to and guided by CEC mission and guiding principles of College, Career, Curriculum, Character, and Community.
* Displays a high level of ethics and professionalism in working with students, staff members and parents and complies with school policies.
* Models character to students.
* Works collaboratively with other staff members and administration to improve student achievement
* Becomes adept at using Infinite Campus to consistently record grades and attendance.
* Continues to grow as an educator by attending professional development opportunities and mandatory meetings and reflecting on own instructional practice.
* Abides by CEC instructional best practices expectations
* Prioritizes the safety and welfare of students while on campus.
* Communicates student achievement and academic progress to families on a regular basis.
* Actively develops a professional, positive, productive relationship with staff members.
* Completes other duties and responsibilities
A teacher’s direct report is the Academic Dean. Additional supervision is provided by the Head of School. Teachers have the opportunity to work one-on-one with Instructional Coaches. Evaluations are completed at the end of each semester. Observations and walk-throughs occur frequently may be as often as once a week, including observations by a non-supervisory mentor teacher.
No direct reports. May monitor and coordinate the work of student aides.