JobID 494 : Middle School Teacher/Math -- (#1246799)
Job Title: Secondary Teacher/Math - Burkburnett Middle School
Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Reports to: Principal
Pay Grade: Teacher Salary Schedule
Length of Assignment: 10 Months
Date Revised: September, 2015
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject/level assigned
Knowledge of subjects assigned
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
At least one year of student teaching or approved internship
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:Instructional Strategies:
1. Develop and implement plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required.
2. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodation for individual student differences.
3. Present the subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
4. Plan and use appropriate instructional/learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect accommodation for individual needs of students assigned.
5. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results for instructional activities.
6. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established by Individual Education Plans (IEP).
7. Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
8. Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s).
9. Use technologies in the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development:
10. Assist students in analyzing and improving methods and habits of study.
11. Consistently assess student achievement through formal and informal testing.
12. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned and may sponsor outside activities approved by the school.
13. Present a positive role model for students that supports the mission of the school district.
Classroom Management and Organization:
14. Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
15. Manage student behavior in the classroom and administer discipline according to board policies, administrative regulations, and IEP.
16. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
17. Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
18. Establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents.
19. Maintain a professional relationship with all colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
20. Use acceptable communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development:
21. Participate in the district staff development program.
22. Demonstrate interest and initiative in professional improvement.
23. Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
24. Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
25. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records and other documents required.
26. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
Supervisory Responsibilities:Supervise assigned teacher aide(s).
Working Conditions:Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); ability to instruct; maintain emotional control under stress.