JobID 353 : 120 Industrial Arts Teacher (#1245531)
Job | Posted 10 months ago
Position: Industrial Arts Teacher
Position Purpose: Develop student knowledge and skill in Industrial Arts courses including metal, wood and drafting.
- Teach all skill levels from general shop through advanced shop as well as both traditional and Computer Aided Design drafting.
- Utilize various instruction techniques such as lecture, illustration and demonstration to teach the safe use of:
- Power tools
- Hand tools
- Woodworking tools and equipment
- Welding equipment
- Metal fabrication equipment
- Conduct ongoing assessments of student learning and progress and make modifications to fit individual student needs, including those with special needs.
- Maintain a system for accurate and complete record keeping for all student activities.
- Encourage parental involvement and ensure open communication with both students and parents.
- Ensure student conduct is complaint with school standards and policies.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Principal.
- Arc Welding
- Metal Fabrication equipment
- Gas welding and cutting
- Layout and design
- Understanding of construction principles and wood working techniques
- Ability to use all wood working hand tools and power equipment
- Engineering and architectural CAD software
- Precision measuring equipment
- 3D printers
- Current construction techniques and building codes.
Must be able to use standard office equipment in addition to both power and hand tools, welding and metal fabrication equipment, and Computer Aided Design drafting software.
Professional Responsibilities and Pedagogy
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed—especially for communication with students, parents and colleagues.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Travel to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Colorado Teaching Certificate for Industrial Technology Education. Licenses from other states will be considered. Alternative licensure for strong candidates may be considered in certain cases.
Education & Experience:
Bachelors or Masters of Arts or Science from an accredited college or university in Industrial Education, Industrial Technology or similar degree with training in wood and metal.
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.
For more information on the position, please make inquiry with Mr. Kevin Denton. firstname.lastname@example.org (719) 395-7101
Buena Vista School District No. R-31
113 NORTH COURT STREET, BUENA VISTA, CO 81211
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415