JobID 3030 : Part-time Paraeducator: Preschool Early Intervention (Autistic Support) (#1243109)
Schedule: 6.75 hrs./day (8:30-3:15); Monday-Thursday, EI works a stretch calendar which includes a summer session
Minimum hourly Salary: $11.72
To view a description of IU13 classrooms & other student services, click here: http://www.iu13.org/employment/explore-our-classrooms/
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The paraeducators assigned to special education classes or programs provide instructional support to the teacher (instructional leader) and students and are under the general supervision of the program supervisor of special education.
- High School Diploma or GED, and
- Hold a PA Paraeducator Credential of Competency Certificate (or be willing to complete the FREE online program within 6 months of hire date), or
- Completed a minimum of 48 post secondary credits in ANY content area, or
- Completed associate degree or higher in ANY content area, and
- Willing to complete 20 hours of staff development each school year
As required by the PA Department of Education: Each school year, provide evidence of 20 hours of staff development activities related to position. Pro-ration will apply based on date of hire within the school year.