8th Grade Teacher - Language Arts & Science (#1242712)
Requires a Bachelor's degree and endorsement in the grade/subject taught with a valid Tennessee certificate. Governed by the Rules and Regulations of the Tennessee Code Annotated.
Must be physically and mentally able to perform the responsibilities and duties of the position.
1. Creates an educational environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and needs of the students; prepares instructional materials for classes assigned and provides written evidence of preparation to supervisor/administrator upon request.
2. Establishes a standard of classroom behavior; maintains classroom management in and outside of the school.
3. Assess the accomplishments of students on an established timetable, and provides written and oral progress reports to parents/guardians, administrators and selected staff; administers tests and assessments.
4. Plans curriculum and prepares lessons and other instructional materials to meet individual needs of students within state and school requirements based on the educational, physical, and emotional levels of student development.
5. Confers with parents, administrators, specialists, mental health staff, and appropriate resource staff to develop educational programs for students.
6. Creates learning materials geared to students' abilities and interests.
7. Instructs students by using educational strategies and techniques to improve sensory motor and perceptual-motor development, perception, memory language, communication skills, cognition, social, and emotional development.
8. Motivates students and provides consistent reinforcement of learning skills, and provides continuous assessment and feedback to students for all learning activities.
9. Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, and district and administrative regulations.
10. Assists administration in implementing all policies, and rules governing student activities and conduct.
11. Sponsors student activities/clubs/teams/organization and tutors students as requested.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
FSLA Status: Exempt