JobID 1183 : ELL Tutor (Bilingual) (#1241255)
Job | Posted 3 months ago
POSITION: Bilingual Tutor STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: Director of K-12 Student Support Services
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree
- Bilingual – Spanish/English preferred
- Minimum of 1 year Previous experience (preferred)
- Must pass criminal background check
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations relating to student data and confidentiality.
- Knowledge Colorado State standards in regards to of instruction and assessment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assess data, find trends, and use information to make strategic decisions and set goals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have successful experience working with culturally diverse families and communities.
RESPOSIBILITIES: Performs the following full range of duties to include, but not limited to:
- Follow CHPA policies and administrative rules and regulations.
- Apply knowledge of instructional strategies in one-to-one and/or small student groups to improve student success.
- Coordinates with the Director of K-12 Student Support Services ELL plans and structured instructional plans for ELL students.
- Provide instructional and assessment support to students according to the Colorado State Standards.
- Prepares reports and schedules as necessary.
- Keeps records of ELL plans and other student data pertinent to services provided.
- Provides translation services to parents for conferences and other appropriate situations.
- Assists with testing accommodates when necessary.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
*The job description does not encompass the full array of duties required for this position and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.