JobID 639 : Paraeducator-Resource (#1223440)
Campbell Elementary School
7.25 hrs/day, 29.00 hrs/week, 155 working days/school year
TITLE: Paraeducator/Special Education
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. High school diploma
2. Demonstrated aptitude for the work to be performed.
3. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Must meet ONE or more of the following requirements:
- Associates degree or higher; OR
- 48 hours college credit or more; OR
- Successful completion of the Work Keys tests at Gold level (contact The Workforce Center)
REPORTS TO: Teacher
JOB GOAL: To provide a well-organized, smooth functioning class environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resource materials.
1. Assist with lunch, snack and clean up routines.
2. Assist with wash-up and toilet routines.
3. Help with clothing.
4. Under supervision of a licensed teacher, prepare for classroom activities.
5. Perform clerical work.
6. Assist in preparing class displays and bulletin boards.
7. Care for equipment.
8. Assist the teacher with classroom activities.
9. Assist the teacher in duties relating to the supervision of the playground.
10. Participate in in-service training programs.