JobID 261 : Middle School 7th Grade Girls' Basketball Assistant Coach (#1199464)
Posted 4 months ago
Platte Valley Middle School- 7th Grade Assistant Girls Basketball Coach
- Two years of experience as a Basketball player or as a coach.
- Knowledge of Basketball skills, rules, and applicable drills.
Job Goal: To promote a middle school Basketball program in which the student-athlete can excel to his/her full potential while competing in an atmosphere that adds to his/her total education including his/her physical well-being, moral character and social and mental development.
Essential Duties & Performance Responsibilities:
- Assist’s in the coordination of the Basketball program at the Middle School level.
- Assist’s in the development and organization of practice programs to provide both individual and team development.
- Instructs student-athletes on sport knowledge, rules and techniques
- Acts as a liaison for the Middle School Basketball program to the staff, administration, high school Basketball program and general public.
- Assist’s in the planning and responsibilities for hosted tournaments. Including but not limited to set up, tear down, etc. (with support of Head Coach and Athletic Director)
- Maintains professional growth through attendance of coaching clinics and conferences.
- Assist’s in the coordination of managers and event support.
- Performs other tasks and assumes other responsibilities as the AD, Principal, Superintendent and/or the board may assign.
Evaluation: Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with the board’s policy on evaluation of coaching personnel.