JobID 174 : Nutritional Services Assistant (#1130464)
Job | Posted a month ago
Prospect Ridge AcademyCreating Academic, Social, and Ethical Leaders
This is a PART-TIME position. Work will be performed 2-3 days per week from approximately 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Nutrition Services Assistant Job Description
All employees at Prospect Ridge Academy work together to create academic, social, and ethical leaders. Every employee at Prospect Ridge Academy is expected to deliver exceptional customer service skills to our students, parents, and PRA community. Prospect Ridge Academy is a dynamic school, subject to changing work environments, adaptation of new educational principles and values, and evolving culture. Adaptability to change is essential. This job description is an overview of duties and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
The Nutrition Services Assistant is responsible for serving food items to students and/or school personnel, as well as maintaining food service facilities in a safe and sanitary condition. This position requires a high level of physical activity including transportation of materials up/down stairs and to various parts of 2 buildings. The Nutrition Services Assistant will accomplish these duties while working with students, parents, other teachers and staff toward achieving the goals set forth in the Prospect Ridge Academy Mission Statements.
The Nutritional Services Assistant at PRA will:
- Assist in maintaining a safe and sanitary food service facility.
- Stock and inventory beverages, Emergency Lunches, cutlery, napkins and supplies.
- Ensure facilities are ready for lunch periods.
- Receive food and beverages from vendors.
- Temperature check and log to ensure food safety and quality.
- Monitor equipment temperatures and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Monitor food temperatures while holding in between lunches, and log.
- Ensure Colorado Retail Food Establishments guidelines are being followed.
- Assist day porter with clean up after final lunch service.
- Enforce PRA Character expectations
- Serve lunch which includes:
- Distribute lunch to named student
- Log any issues with accuracy or quality of order
- Provide emergency lunches to students without a lunch and log
- Assist with distribution of late lunch drop-offs
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Knowledge of basic Math
- Computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Experience working with school age students preferred
- Experience in kitchen or nutrition highly desired
- The ability to physically demonstrate the skills necessary for the sport being coached.
- The employee is regularly required to talk, walk, stand and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, grasp, and perform light lifting.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage food and supply vendors
- Ability to work in a fast paced and loud environment
- Ability to read, write and interpret various documents such as rules, policy and expectation, agreements, rubrics, scope and sequence documents, and assessment documents.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of staff, students, Board of Directors, Administrators and parents.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions given in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in a variety of situations
- Ability to work collaboratively with various groups.
- Ability to apply an entrepreneurial outlook and a charter school commitment.
- Strong organizational and the ability to coordinate different tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, and customer service skills while working with a diverse population
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to be self motivated.
- Ability and skill to use sound judgment as determined by the specific situation.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
This position reports to the Nutritional Services Lead.
Work is occasionally regularly performed inside and outside with occasional exposure to extreme temperatures. Work is performed in all weather conditions and includes exposure to moderate and sometimes loud noise. This is a highly public position that includes contact with students, staff, Administrators, Prospect Ridge Academy Board of Directors and parents. Occasionally work may consist of ten (10) plus hour days with weekend work as needed.