JobID 1829 : Bus Driver (#998905)
Job | Posted 6 months ago
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience working with children or young people preferred
- Ability to learn skills with training
- Must be able to acquire and maintain Missouri CDL-B with school bus and passenger endorsement
- Must take and pass yearly school bus physical
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, stoop, reach with hands and arms, and sense of smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The employee is exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisors and Dispatchers
To transport students to and from school/activities in a safe and timely manner
- To work cooperatively and collaboratively with teachers, administrators, parents and other staff members in the implementation of behavior and bus plans for students
- To work with students to encourage and reinforce appropriate behavior and safe riding
- To adapt to changes and behaviors to meet the students needs
- To interact positively with students and model appropriate behavior
- To maintain confidentiality of student records and other information shared about students
- To participate in requested training responsibilities
- Responsibilities may include the following:
- Performs daily pre-trip inspection before leaving the lot
- Regulates heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort
- Complies with local traffic regulations
- Reports delays or accidents
- Correctly completes required student reports, etc. in a timely manner
- Correctly follows all oral and written instructions given by supervisors and dispatchers
- Maintains good student discipline
- Follows all regulations outlined in the current Driver Instruction Manual
- Responds appropriately to all standard road signs and instructions
- Other duties as assigned
Terms of Employment:
School Bus Drivers will be employed for nine month positions. The salary and work year will be established annually by the Board of Education.
Performance of this job will be evaluated by the immediate supervisor, using the Transportation Performance Based Evaluation.
Independence School District 30
201 NORTH FOREST AVENUE, INDEPENDENCE, MO 64050-2513
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,368 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 13.59
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 227