Substitute Educational Aide, Marion City Schools
During this uncertain time, school districts continue to evaluate the structure of learning for their students and staff, that will position them in the most safe environment. We share in this effort and whether it be in classrooms or through remote learning, we will ensure you are provided with necessary guidelines and trainings to be effective in your work and remain healthy.?
|POSITION||Substitute Educational Aide|
|LOCATION||Marion City Schools|
Rachel Wixey & Associates is proud to support Marion City Schools for the recruitment of substitute school based employment opportunities. Substitute educational aides play an important role in our schools by assisting students with special educational needs.
Minimum Qualifications / Education
*For the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year, this district will have a hybrid option for students, which blends online instruction with limited classroom time. Substitute Teachers are needed to support this model and training will be provided*
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Clean criminal background.
- Three (3) positive professional references.
- Demonstrated experience working with school aged children.
After Hire (Contingent)
- Ohio Department of Education Substitute Educational Aide Permit ($25), or higher license.
- FBI & BCI Background checks dated within 12 months (Cost varies per agency).
- Online PublicSchoolWORKS: School Safety & Compliance training.
- Presents subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of the teacher.
- Ensures that students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- Keeps students safe and engaged.
- Exhibits proper classroom management techniques.
- Understands building and classroom policy and procedures.
- Documents lesson plans.
- Maintains student records/performance.
- Follows the Individualized Education Program (IEP) of the student.
- Lifts, diapers and/or feeds students.
- Part-time & Full-time
- Same day and advance notice cheduling
- Minor medical benefits available
- Enrollment in School Employees Retirement System (SERS)
Please be aware that you need to complete a symptom assessment and temperature check prior to you reporting for each substitute job.
If you have any 1 of these, you should NOT report to work:
- Fever or chills (100* F or higher)
- Severe headache
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting or diarrhea