Job | Posted 2 years ago
Early Childhood Development/Daycare
Harper Woods School District
GSRP Assistant Job Posting
Title: Assistant for Great Start Readiness Program for Beacon Elementary
Reports To: Building Principal
Job Goal: Work as a team member in providing a quality educational program for preschool children through supporting the classroom teacher in assessing, instruction of students and maintaining records to ensure grant compliance and licensing guidelines.
- Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development or the equivalent; or valid classroom CDA credential required. (optional compliance plan must be in place without above qualifications)
- Experience working with at risk families.
- Familiarity with research-based preschool curricula and preschool Program Quality Assessment (PQA)
- Certification in CPR, First Aid and Blood Borne Pathogens.
- Relevant experience in early childhood classroom setting.
- Ability to effectively work well with diverse families.
- Ability to act as a resource person for families.
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative when given a variety of tasks and responsibilities.
- Work as a team member in providing a quality educational preschool program.
- Maintain compliance with GSRP and Child Care Licensing standards and mandates.
- Assist in planning, implementing and monitoring curriculum and assessment.
- Assist in establishing parent involvement activities.
- Assist in home visits.
- Assist in all daily operations of the program.
- Work with individual and small groups of students.
- Support children’s emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
- Assist children with personal health care needs.
- Work collaboratively and communicate with the classroom teacher to implement lesson plans, activities and classroom tasks.
- Assist teacher with monitoring behavior and supporting the educational process in the classroom.
- Observe student’s performance and record relevant data to assess progress.
- Collect and document data regarding the student(s).
- Maintain accurate and complete student records and logs.
- Supervise students in classroom, bathroom, hallway and playground.
- Participate in trainings and on-going professional development.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed for family involvement activities, including home visits, recruitment events and open house.
- Additional duties as requested from classroom teacher.
Employee must be capable of performing physical demands of the job, including but not limited to lifting, bending, stooping, squatting and standing for long periods of time. Work environment has a raised noise level.
Terms of Employment
- Full time, 7 hours a day, 37 weeks per year.
- Performance to be evaluated by classroom teacher and building principal.
- Employment is dependent on completion of pre-employment physical and criminal history check. This program and related positions are conditional upon approval of Child Care Program Licensing.
Deadline: Until the position is filled.
Note: Board of Education policy requires that each successful applicant be free of past serious legal infractions as determined through a criminal records check with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
Harper Woods School District
20225 Beaconsfield Street , Harper Woods, MI 48225
At the following locations
19475 Beaconsfield Street , Harper Woods, MI 48225
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,292
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 18.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 199