Armed Safe School Officer – Marshal / Guardian Program
Broward County Public Schools is seeking individuals who are interested in becoming part of the new Armed Safe School Officer – Marshal / Guardian Program.
New Salary Range:
$17.34 - $26.70 per hour
New hires will be hired at $17.34 hourly and will advance to $22.34 (22% Salary Increase) upon successful completion of new hire probation.
Responsible for providing security and safety services for the school campus; and protecting the life, and well-being of students, staff, and visitors.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- An earned high school diploma or satisfactory completion of an approved General Educational Development (GED) Testing Program.
- A minimum of two (2) years within the last ten (10) years of experience as a sworn law enforcement officer, or an armed security guard with a valid State of Florida D and G security license, or a corrections officer in “good standing” at time of employment separation or Two years of prior military experience (which includes military reservist experience), with an honorable discharge may be substituted for law enforcement experience.
- Must be twenty-one years of age.
- Submit to and pass an initial drug test and subsequent random drug tests in accordance with the requirements of s.112.0455 and the sheriff's office.
- Successful completion of 132 hours of comprehensive firearm safety and proficiency training conducted by Criminal Justice Standards and training Commission-certified instructors.
- Successfully complete at least 12 hours of a certified nationally recognized diversity training program.