Middle School Mathematics and Language Arts Teacher
Posted 18 days ago
Responsible for instruction on various subjects, including 6th - 8th grade math, and 7th and 8th grade Language Arts. Works with students in a classroom setting within a middle school.
- High expectations for all students: Support a mastery-based learning environment and lead students to meet ambitious academic goals.
- Integrated curriculum development and delivery: Design and implement inter-disciplinary long-term plans and daily lessons that spark student interest in STEM learning.
- Problem-based learning: Motivate learning through the context of a semi-structured problem grounded in real world application.
- Differentiated instruction: Personalize student learning based on needs and interests.
- Meaningful assessment: Craft opportunities for regular assessment and reflection using a range of methods.
- Content-area expert: Apply knowledge of best practices for integrated Mathematics and Laguage Arts instruction to support curriculum development and delivery.
- Collaboration with colleagues: Work with colleagues to develop and test innovative solutions.
- Partnerships: Connect students to individuals in academia, industry, and the community with relevant expertise and experience. Build relationships with students and families.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in education or mathematics with teacher education courses Math/Language Arts. Teachers firmly believes that STEM education is essential for preparing students for the world in which they live and work.