Title I Instructional Assistant
Posted 3 months ago
- Complete at least 2 years of college OR
- Obtained an associate’s degree or higher OR
- Pass the ParaPro Test
REPORTS TO: Building Principal and District Title I/ELDirector
SUPERVISES: Provides supplemental Assistance for students under the direct supervision of a certified teacher
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Title One Instructional Assistants will provide supplemental assistance to students, while also supporting the classroom teacher by performing the following tasks/responsibilities:
- Following the established schedule, while also maintaining flexibility to necessary changes.
- Follow teacher-developed plans and assist in maintaining a classroom climate that is conducive to learning.
- Learn the specific needs of students and encourage student independence in their learning.
- Proctor the required annual tests according to the time table established by the Indiana Department of Education.
- Assist in maintaining complete, accurate student data (hard copies and/or electronic) and materials in an organized and timely manner.
In addition to the supplemental services listed above, the Title I Instructional Assistants will:
- Learn and oversee the use of technology and print materials for all students.
- Communicate in a positive manner with students, parents and staff.
- Provide a positive role model for students.
- Maintain confidentiality with student learning, behavior and discipline information.
- Collaborate with other school staff to support all student learners.
- Attend professional development to learn methods for working with struggling students;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Principals, classroom teacher, District Title One Director, or Assistant Superintendent.
THE EMPLOYEE SHALL REMAIN FREE OF ANY ALCOHOL OR NONPRESCRIBED CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE ABUSE IN THE WORKPLACE OR IN HIS/HER DUTIES THROUGHOUT HIS/HER EMPLOYMENT IN THE CORPORATION.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: School Year. Salary to be determined annually by the Board of School Trustees
and shall be effective August 1 of each calendar year.
EVALUATION: It is the Policy of the Lake Ridge School Board that the Title One Instructional Assistants be given a written evaluation by:
- Building Principals of his/her job performance a minimum of once per year AND
- The Title One Director of his/her job performance a minimum of once per year
Evaluations may be given whenever the Building Principals and/or the Title One Director deem it appropriate or necessary.
Board approved: June 11, 2018