JobID 398 : TEACHER ASSISTANT – IN-SCHOOL ISOLATION (#951346)
DEPARTMENT/SITE: Elementary and Secondary Schools
1. Associate degree or 48 college semester hours or passed Work Keys Test
2. At least one year of teacher assistant experience in a public or private school setting with elementary students for elementary positions; secondary students for secondary positions, preferred.
REPORTS TO: Principal/Classroom Teacher
JOB GOAL: To perform effectively and efficiently the responsibilities as described in this job description.
- Implements under the supervision of assigned administrator/teacher educational plans designed by the classroom teacher.
- Monitors Students during assigned periods for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Performs general record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. attendance logs, activity reports, etc.) for the purpose of supporting the teacher and/or supervisory staff in meeting mandated requirements.
- Provides verbal and/or written feedback of observations for the purpose of informing teachers/administrators of the student’s progress.
- Supports classroom teachers and other school personnel for the purpose of assisting them in the implementation of curriculum and teaching components.
- Tutors students on assigned class work for the purpose of providing ongoing support in the completion of work assignments.
- Assists in providing direct academic, supportive and behavioral instruction to students as directed by the students’ teachers and principal.
- Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by administrators.
- Attends professional learning and in-service as required by the district.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 187 Days
Salary for this position commensurate with the years of experience as determined under the policies and procedures for the Moss Point School District and in accordance with the pay scale.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board Trustees’ policy on evaluation of District personnel.