K-8 Special Education Teacher
The Dearborn Academy, a K-8 Charter School located at 1930 Ford Rd. Dearborn, MI 48128, is seeking Elementary and Middle School Special Education Teachers. The Dearborn Academy's mission is to serve a multicultural community through individualized, focused instruction allowing each student to achieve academic excellence and exhibit social responsibility.
Special Education teachers are responsible for ensuring that student with special needs meet the overall achievement of the mission of the Academy.
Position Specific Responsibilities
Participate in the Development and implementation of IEPs.
Plan behavior management strategies for entire class and for individual students under his/her tutelage.
Assist individual students.
Prepare appropriate documentation and reports.
Implement the assigned program of study.
Foster a classroom climate conducive to learning.
Utilize instructional and classroom management systems that increase student learning and maximize time on task.
Monitor student progress towards achieving instructional objectives and goals.
Communicate effectively within the educational community and with parents on a regular basis.
Maintain accurate knowledge of special education rules and regulations.
Develop daily individualized lesson plans.
Supervise, direct, and train all special education Para-professionals.
Other related duties as assigned by Principal.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Endorsement with a Special Education (Emotionally Impaired/ Autism/Cognitive Impairment/Learning Disabilities/ Physical Education for students with disabilities/ Speech and LanguageImpairment, and/or Visual Impairment)
- Elementary/ Middle Level Teacher Certification
- Two years of teaching experience in servicing children and adolescents and an ability to effectively interact and collaborate with professionals, parents, and students.
- Experience with elementary/middle programs dependent on area of assignment
- Must meet NCLB Highly Qualified Criteria (Major in content area, or Minor and Passed MTTC exam)
Satisfactory criminal background check and unprofessional conduct check as required by School Safety Legislation