Special Education Aides-Midde Schools
Job | Posted a year ago
|Job Title:||Aide||FLSA Status:
|Non-Exempt – Unit C|
|Reports to:||Principal or other|
general description (1-3 lines describing role):
|Provides a variety of generalized support services to students and schools.|
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES (not limited to):
- Consistent and on-time attendance is required for supervision and instruction of the students.
- Maintain confidentiality about all personal information regarding the student, programming and family
- Assist in all aspects of the school day whether or not such aspects directly pertain to the individual student, this includes supervision at recess, lunch or other“duties.”
- Responsible for implementing “other job related duties” as assigned by the supervisor or Principal.
- Other duties as needed
Work Environment & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to physically support students who utilize specialized equipment such as standers, wheelchairs, supportive seating etc. Ability to physically respond to students who are physically unsafe and use physical restraints as part of a de-escalation process (verbal de-escalation is preferred).
- Ability to physically respond to students who have bolted from the building.
- Ability to physically maintain a safe learning environment, including moving furniture in response to a crisis situation.
Date Updated: 12/19/12 (bargained with NTA)
Newton Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Newton Public Schools ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other class as protected by law. The Newton Public Schools places a high value on diversity and active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and staff. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the district human resources office.
Newton Public Schools
100 Walnut Street , Newton, MA 02460
At the following locations
Various Middle Schools
100 Walnut Street , Newtonville, MA 02460
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $17,439
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 13.39
% IEP Students
State Average: 17%
State Average: 296