School Counselor- Crisis & Direct Service Focused
The Academy for Urban School Leadership (AUSL) is a Chicago-based nonprofit school management organization operating in partnership with Chicago Public Schools (CPS). AUSL creates schools of excellence by developing highly effective teachers and transforming educational outcomes for our students. AUSL currently manages 31 schools serving 17,000 students. All school staff at AUSL schools are employees of CPS. The terms of the Board of Education/Chicago Teachers Union collective bargaining agreement shall apply unless waived in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement or in accordance with State law. For more information about our schools, visit auslchicago.org.
O'Keeffe School of Excellence is seeking an experienced school counselor who is highly qualified to teach at an AUSL managed – Chicago Public School. This position will be staffed with a professional educator who has a proven track record of providing excellent learning experiences, utilizes a variety of instructional strategies, and deepens students' understanding of multiple literacy concepts. We anticipate candidates with superior content knowledge will collaborate with other classroom teachers in planning units that integrate learning and are aligned with Common Core standards.
- Major Responsibilities: Create, Implement, and Evaluate a Comprehensive School Counseling Program aligned with the Chicago Public Schools (CPS) REACH Framework for School Counselors:
The Framework is aligned to the American School Counselor Association National Model for SchoolCounseling Programs and outlines a comprehensive counseling program that delivers services equitably to allstudents in the building.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in education
- Current Illinois Educator License with appropriate endorsements, ISBE Professional Educator License (PEL) with a School Counseling Endorsement
- Urban / high-needs school experience preferred
- Reside within the city of Chicago (Residency waivers are provided for subject areas deemed by CPS as special needs. Contact CPS directly regarding residency waivers.)
In order to be considered for a position or an interview, applicants must:
- Submit application online
- Permit classroom observation/s by members of the teacher selection committee (if applicable)
- Permit one or more interviews by a school leaders/selection committee
Legal Statement (Title IX): It is the policy of the Board of Education of the City of Chicago not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or sex. Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the regulations promulgated there under concerning sex discrimination should be referred to the Title IX Officer, Chicago Public Schools, 42 W. Madison St., Chicago, Illinois 60602, 773-553-2688 (TTY-773-553-2699).