Elementary School Music Teacher
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Be responsible for classroom instructional program which includes:
a. establish goals and objectives to meet individual and group needs of students
b. day to day and long range lesson plans that reflect the goals and objectives
2. Be responsible for classroom management and discipline and cooperation in establishing a general tone of behavior throughout the building.
3. Foster favorable school/community relationships by:
a. making parents aware of classroom goals, objectives and materials
b. conducting parent conferences
c. reporting progress of students
4. Be responsible for supplies, care of the room, inventories and other reasonable assignments as prescribed by the principal.
5. Be responsible for accurate record keeping and issuing of grades.
6. Attempt to meet the social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs of the students.
7. Be knowledgeable of current educational methods and techniques and participate in building and system-wide meetings.
8. Cooperate and participate in necessary non-teaching duties.
9. Be responsible for following adopted school board and administrative policies.
10. Prepare music programs; building and system-wide.
11. Establish, develop and direct a school chorus.
12. Plan special music activities to support the classroom teacher as requested and assisted by the classroom teacher.
13. Plan to involve students in a wide variety of experiences.
14. Must hold a valid Indiana Teaching License