Substitute Teacher, Fairfield Community Schools
During this uncertain time, school districts continue to evaluate the structure of learning for their students and staff, that will position them in the most safe environment. We share in this effort and whether it be in classrooms or through remote learning, we will ensure you are provided with necessary guidelines and trainings to be effective in your work and remain healthy.
|PAY RATE||Up to $108 Per Day|
Rachel Wixey & Associates is proud to support Fairfield Community Schools, (Goshen, Indiana) for the recruitment of substitute teaching opportunities. Substitute Teachers play an important role in our schools by stepping in to make sure that quality education, effective classroom management, and school policy and procedures continue in the absence of the assigned classroom teacher.
*For the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year, this district will have a hybrid option for students, which blends online instruction with limited classroom time. Substitute Teachers are needed to support this model and training will be provided
- Follows lesson plans.
- Maintains a neat and orderly classroom.
- Ensures that students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- Keeps students safe and engaged.
- Monitors student progress and assists where needed by keeping proximity.
- Maintains existing classroom management and discipline procedures.
- Understands building and classroom policy and procedures.
- Provides written feedback for the classroom teacher.
- Maintains accurate attendance records.
- A minimum of thirty (30) semester hours of college credit at an accredited institution
- Clean criminal background.
- Three (3) positive professional references.
- Experience working with school aged children preferred.
- Pay range varies by education / certification as follows:
- Substitute candidates with valid Sub Permit - $88/full day) then after 30 days of working as a substitute teacher, the rate changes to: $98/full day
- Substitute candidates with a valid Teaching License - $98/full day then after 30 days of working as a substitute teacher, the rate changes to: $108/full day
- Substitute candidates with a valid Sub Permit who worked at least 90 days during the prior school year for Fairfield and who formally requests a review: $98/full day then after 30 days of working as a substitute teacher the rate changes to: $108/full day
- Minor medical benefits available
- Flexible or consistent schedule as dictated by district needs