JobID 321 : Speech Language Pathologist (#914222)
Job | Posted a year ago
Job Focus: To help reduce or eliminate speech, language and hearing impediments that interfere with the individual student's ability to derive full benefit from the district's educational program.
Line of Supervision: Responsible to and evaluated by the Coordinator of Special Education and the building Principal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides information and support services for students with hearing impairments as appropriate for a Speech and Language Pathologist.
2. Serves as a resource to school staff members in the development of a balanced program for oral communication and speech/language improvement.
3. Provides a therapeutic program to meet the individual needs of speech, and language disabled children.
4. Assists and guides teachers in observing, describing, and referring suspected and identified students with speech and language impairments.
5. Provides a thorough assessment and diagnosis of speech, voice, fluency and language impairments.
6. Provides screening to identify speech disabled children at regular intervals and at specified levels.
7. Assists in proper referrals of individuals to agencies and specialists in the community as appropriate.
8. Provides appropriate individualized programs of therapy to meet individual students' needs that correct existing speech and/or language disabilities.
9. Collaborates with classroom teachers and other school staff members to implement therapy in the student's daily activities.
10. Provides information, support, and counseling to parents and families when appropriate.
11. Keeps thorough ongoing records of student therapy sessions and other school provided speech services.
12. Maintains lists of referred, screened, and eligible students.
13. Maintains a directory of outside agencies, consultants, specialists, and related services in the area speech and language.
14. Assumes primary responsibility for requisitioning and maintaining needed equipment and supplies and materials.
15. Supervises the Speech-Language Assistant per Illinois School Code and district policy.
16. Prepares, assembles, and/or disseminates materials and reports as needed for Medicare reimbursement of at-risk and special education students.
17. Attends and participates in special education parent meetings as requested.
18. Performs such other duties as assigned by the Principal, Coordinator of Special Education, or Superintendent of Schools.
19. Guards the confidentiality of all information placed in charge of this office. Breach of this trust shall be grounds for dismissal.
1. Holds valid state certification as issued by the Illinois State Board of Education.
2. Holds an earned Masters Degree from an accredited college or university.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: School calendar year, 190 days. Salary and work year as established by the Board of Education and the contractual agreement.
Community Consolidated School District 168
21899 Torrence Ave, Sauk Village, IL 60411-4489
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246