School Psychologist - Part Time
Valid Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) with a School Psychologist Endorsement
Valid Driver's License
SUMMARY: To enable students to derive the fullest possible educational experience from school by promoting their sense of self and by treating any psychological or mental health problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Participates in all Child Review Team Meetings as directed by supervisor.
• Acts as member of Crisis Intervention Team.
• Participates in consultative process as needed
• Schedules initial conferences and chair meetings as directed by supervisor.
• Coordinates paperwork for initial evaluations, annual reviews and all special ed processes.
• Participates in IEP meetings as needed.
• Prepares reports of school psychological evaluations.
• Reviews records of special education students who transfer into the district, and arranges /IEP meetings per the Special Services policy.
• Participates in building meetings and special ed meetings as directed by supervisor.
• Assists in reviewing new evaluation materials.
• Maintains current knowledge of evaluation materials.
• Ensures that duties are performed within prescribed timelines.
• Maintains records according to District 146 Special Services policy and state and federal regulations.
• Participates in Building Team and meetings.
• Participates in program development and staff in-services, workshops.
• Reviews current research and standards of profession through the reading of professional journals and publications.
• Researches projects as needs of the students and district dictate.
• Abides by professional standards as written by NASP.
• Other duties as required.
This is a .5 part-time union position with paid leave days only.
Salary is based on current teacher's contract.
Start Date: August 2020