Job Title: District Librarian
Supervisor: Building Principal
KING ELEMENTARY SCHOOL/LINCOLN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Under general direction of the teacher, create a flexible academic program and environment favorable to learning and personal growth in accordance with each student's ability. Instruct children in activities designed to promote academic, social, emotional and behavioral growth.
Valid Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) with appropriate endorsement(s).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Operate and supervise the media center
- Maintain library collection and inventory records
- Develop appropriate programs for students utilizing library resources
- Evaluate and select appropriate books, aids and other supplies and equipment, as well as maintain inventory records.
- Coordinate with administrators and other teaching staff members to assist in the selection of books and other instructional materials; keeps students and teaching staff informed regarding new acquisitions for use in the media center.
- Serves as ready resource to students to provide research assistance.
- Participate in lessons with classroom teachers.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators, as designated by the Superintendent.
Travel to school district buildings and professional meetings daily.
Apply online, attaching a copy of your letter of interest, a resume and professional reference information. Candidate review will continue until the position is filled. Please, no phone calls.