JobID 3454 : Middle School Language Arts Teacher (#878322)
Job Title: Language Arts Teacher
Supervisor: Building Principal
Location: Rosa Parks Middle School
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Under general direction of the Principal, the teacher creates a flexible academic program and environment favorable to learning and personal growth in accordance with each student's ability. Instructs children in activities designed to promote social, emotional, physical, and academic growth for middle school students.
PEL with appropriate endorsement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
1. Develop and use instructional materials suitable for verbal and/or visual instruction of students with a wide range of mental, physical and emotional maturity.
2. Provide individual and group instruction designed to meet individual needs and motivate students.
3. Establish and maintain classroom management required to achieve effective participation in all activities.
4. Evaluate academic and social growth of students and keep appropriate records.
5. Communicate with parents through a variety of means.
6. Perform other job-related duties as may be assigned by the Principal