Job | Posted a month ago
- TITLE: Custodian (Part-time)
- High School Diploma preferred.
- Read and write at a minimum of a 9th grade level.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Physically capable of performing assigned tasks.
- Ability to work with staff, students and the public.
- Capable of lifting up to 55 pounds.
- Previous experience preferred, but not mandatory.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- REPORTS TO: Building Principal
- JOB GOALS:
To maintain the physical school facilities in a condition of operating excellence, cleanliness, and safety, so that full educational use of them may be made at all times.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keeps building and premises; including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas; neat and clean at all times.
- May assist in regulating heat, ventilation and air conditioning systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to insure economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity.
- Shovels, plows, and/or sands walks, driveways, parking areas and steps, as appropriate and in accordance with District policy.
- Checks daily to insure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
- Sweeps and vacuums classrooms daily and dusts furniture.
- Cleans corridors after school each day, and during the day when needed.
- Scrubs, washes and disinfects bathroom floors daily; and cleans all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
- Washes all windows as assigned by the Lead Custodian.
- Keeps the grounds free from rubbish. May perform yard keeping chores; such as grass cutting, tree trimming, etc.; as necessary to maintain the school grounds in a safe and attractive condition.
- Maintains all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in a good state of preservation.
- Makes minor building repairs and reports necessary major repairs to supervisor.
- May perform regularly scheduled maintenance on motors and other mechanical equipment.
- Immediately reports any damage to school property to supervisor.
- Remains on school premises during school hours, and during non-school hours when the use of the building has been authorized and their attendance is required by their supervisor.
- Is responsible for the opening and closing of the building each school day and for determining, before leaving, that all doors and windows are secured and all lights, except those left on for safety reasons, are turned off.
- Moves furniture and equipment within the building as required for various activities and as directed by supervisor.
- Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish and waste.
- Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
- Has regular and predictable attendance.
VI. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all other duties as assigned.
VII. TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Emergency conditions may arise which will require attention at any hour of the day or night. Benefits will be in accordance with approved Board policy.
This is an “at will” position in that the employer or employee may terminate employment at any time, or for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. The “employment at will” policy cannot be changed verbally or in writing, unless the change is specifically authorized in writing and expressly approved by the Board of Trustees.
Performance of this position will be evaluated by the Building Administrator in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on the evaluation of classified personnel.
Jefferson County Joint SD 251
201 Idaho Avenue , Rigby, ID 83442
At the following locations
Various Locations in the District
3850 E 300 N , Idaho Falls, ID 83401
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,469
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 18.67
% IEP Students
State Average: 10%
State Average: 163