JobID 832 : Intermediate Math Teacher (#873404)
The Academy for Urban School Leadership (AUSL) is a nonprofit school management organization operating in partnership with Chicago Public Schools (CPS). AUSL currently manages 32 turnaround and teacher training schools. When a school is turned around, students return to renovated facilities, a new curriculum, new leadership and staff and an entirely new culture of success by leveraging AUSL's turnaround school framework and specialized teacher training and residency program. All school staff at AUSL turnaround schools are employees of CPS. The terms of the Board of Education/Chicago Teachers Union collective bargaining agreement shall apply unless waived in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement or in accordance with State law. For more information about our schools, visit auslchicago.org.
Carter School of Excellence is seeking experienced full-time intermediate Math teachers who are highly qualified to teach at an AUSL managed – Chicago Public School. This position will be staffed with a professional educator who has a proven track record of providing excellent learning experiences that utilize a variety of instructional strategies that deepens students' understanding and appreciation of mathematics. We anticipate candidates are willing to collaborate with classroom teachers and specialty teachers to integrate learning across curriculums. AUSL whole-heartedly supports specialist positions specifically so there is a postive change in climate and culture - this provides high level opportunities for our urban students. Classroom is fully equipped with 1:1 technology, SmartBoard, iPads, LCD projector and document camera. All school staff in AUSL-manages turnaround schools are selected for the challenge of ensuring rapid transformation of a struggling school into a school of excellence.
- Design and implement lessons aligned to the CCSS
- Maintain strong classroom management in accordance with school culture across grade levels
- Integrate instructional strategies the promote high levels of cognitive engagement
- Collaborate with teachers and other specialists in developing student programs that promote commonalities, distinctions, and connections in and among the physical education and other subjects
- Develop instructional plans and organize class time to provide a balanced program of whole and small group data driven instruction
- Engage in professional development and coaching to improve practice from full-time AUSL coaches and school administrators
- Teachers are encouraged to commit out-of-school time to teaching in their content area, such as content clusters
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in education.
- Current Illinois Educator License with appropriate endorsements
- Urban / high-needs teaching experience (2-3 years/Chicago Public Schools experience preferred)
- Reside within the city of Chicago (Residency waivers are provided for subject areas deemed by CPS as special needs. Contact CPS directly regarding residency waivers.)
In order to be considered for a position or an interview, applicants must:
- Permit classroom observation/s by members of the teacher selection committee (if applicable)
- Permit one or more interviews by a school leaders/selection committee
Legal Statement (Title IX): It is the policy of the Board of Education of the City of Chicago not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or sex. Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the regulations promulgated there under concerning sex discrimination should be referred to the Title IX Officer, Chicago Public Schools, 42 W. Madison Street., Chicago, Illinois 60602, 773-553-2688 (TTY-773-553-2699).