JobID 262 : School Nurse (Substitutes) (#852204)
Job | Posted 4 months ago
Purpose: To provide the fullest possible educational opportunity for each district student by minimizing absence due to illness and creating a climate of health and well-being in district schools.
- Current RN license.
- CPR certified with AED qualifications.
- Recommended Kan Be Healthy Certification or School Nurse Certification.
- Advise background in community health, pediatrics, and/or emergency care.
- Strongly encourage an education background which includes a BSN.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Must possess the physical strength to occasionally assist in lifting the students, bending and performing CPR.
- Must have patience and ability to work with students and other staff.
- Possess basic computer skills and ability to use office machines as required.
- Desire to continue career improvement.
- Maintain confidentiality for all personnel.
- Delivers nursing care in accordance with standards of care defined by Kansas Nurse Practice Act.
- Evaluates, assess, and cares for injuries, illnesses, and emergencies. Responds to emergency calls anywhere in the district, as needed.
- Procures doctor’s orders and communicates with doctor’s offices when necessary.
- Dispenses prescriptions to students in need of medication or treatment and delegates nursing tasks when appropriate.
- Audits immunization records of all students and prepares state report. Notifies parents of need to update immunization and keeps those records.
- Maintains current health records of all students including appropriate documentation for all staff, parent, and student contacts.
- Organize and conduct screening programs and rechecks when indicated, for detection and referral of student health problems. Notify parents of screening results.
- Assist in the development and implementation of approved health programs for maintaining the best possible health and wellness of students and staff.
- Initiate Care Plan for students with special health needs, incorporating parents and teachers into the plan.
Andover Unified School District 385
1432 N Andover Rd, Andover, KS 67002
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,231 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 11%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.39
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 231