Sweetwater Independent School District is looking for energetic and motivated substitute teachers to work with students at all levels, from pre-kindergarten to high school. The best candidates for substitute teacher jobs are well educated and enjoy working with children. They have flexible schedules and have some experience working in an education setting. Official experience and/or a state teaching certification is good, but not required. We welcome those with informal experience too. For example, if you have worked as a tutor, child care provider or babysitter, you could be a great asset to our district. We have lots of opportunities for the right candidates, and you can prioritize certain schools, subjects, grades and even classrooms. Successful candidates will have to undergo a background check, fingerprinting, and substitute teacher orientation before being allowed to work as a substitute teacher.
Examples of Substitute Teacher responsibilities
- Follow regular teacher’s lesson plans in a way that ensures consistency and optimal learning, and that encourages students to participate
- Assign classwork and homework as necessary, according to lesson plans
- Modify teaching styles to fit the learning styles of various students
- Maintain a well-managed classroom and positive learning environment
- Supervise students out of class such as in the hallways and in the cafeteria