Interim 5th grade teacher
Job | Posted 4 days ago
Title: Interim 5th GRADE TEACHER
- Appropriate NJ State Certification required in content areas as advertised
- NJ State Certification in special education preferred
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in Elementary Education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Masters Degree in related area preferred
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed
- Ability to organize and coordinate work
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work
- Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade levels preferred
Reports To: Building Principal
Purpose: Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Develops and administers school elementary curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Instructs students in the principles of responsible citizenship and other subject matters specified in applicable laws, as well as administrative regulations and procedures of the school system.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication using all forms available with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other elementary professional staff members, especially within grade level, to evaluate and assess curriculum, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aides and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Supervises students in activities that take place out of the classroom during the school day, including activities involving school transportation.
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with District testing programs
- Integrates technology into daily instruction
- Uses appropriate and current instructional pedagogy and data to effect positive growth in all students
Additional Duties: Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Evaluation: In accordance with Teach for NJ
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards: Works in standard office and school building environments
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this job are normally performed in the following manner: the employee is regularly required to stand and is regularly required to talk and to hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hand to finger, handle or feel; to reach with hands and arms; to stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note: Qualified candidates/incumbents must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations. As required under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions or duties. It is the responsibility of the incumbent in the position or the candidate once offered the position to inform the East Greenwich Superintendent of any and all reasonable accommodations that may be required. Candidates who need accommodations to complete the application process must inform the Superintendent of their need.
Equipment: Ability to use standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone
Travel: Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required
Terms of Employment: In accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement
The East Greenwich Township School District is an Equal Opportunity Employment, Educational and Service Organization.
East Greenwich Township School District
559 Kings Hwy , Mickleton, NJ 08056
At the following locations
Samuel Mickle School
559 Kings Highway , Mickleton, NJ 08056
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $19,422
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 345