Food Service Worker
LEAD Charter School
Job Description: Food Service Worker
LEAD Charter School, NJ's first alternative charter high school, seeks an exceptional educational leaders to join its community of educators. The mission of LEAD is to enable students ages 16-21 in grades 9-12 in Newark, NJ to master the essential skills crucial for success in postsecondary education, career, and community leadership within a global society. LEAD implements the Opportunity Youth Network (OYN) school model. Key design elements support the unique academic and nonacademic needs of students who have disengaged from traditional schooling. The innovative OYN model re-engages young people via active participation in rigorous and relevant content, and standards-driven, competency-based instruction aligned with emerging market demands. Through applied learning opportunities with partner organizations and corporations, LEAD prepares students to compete in the local economy and/or transition to postsecondary education. To learn more about LEAD, please visit: http://leadcharterschool.org/.
The Food Service Coordinator will help support our efforts to provide a safe and nutritious school environment to allow students to focus on instruction. S/he will: work consistently and creatively work to meet the food service needs of all students by; being responsible for all food service matters, tracking food service data, and managing food service inventory. The food service coordinator will be part of Operations Team and report directly to the Head of School and school manager(s).
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
Qualifications and Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum experience as determined by the board.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles of nutrition, food preparation, health and safety regulations and federal and state guidelines governing school food services programs
- Firm commitment to and belief in LEAD’s mission.
- Knowledge of principles of nutrition, food preparation, health and safety regulations and federal and state guidelines governing school food services program.
- Assumes responsibility for the operation of the school’s food services program in accordance with board policies and local, state/federal requirements.
- Determines eligibility status for free, reduced and paid applicants.
- Serves meals to students.
- Attends all workshops pertaining to the Child Nutrition Program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Part-time employee. Salary (hourly) to be recommended by the school and approved by board.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the board's policy on evaluation.