Educational Specialist (STEAM K-12)
Must hold a license issued by Virginia Department of Education.
The license must be in Collegiate Professional License.
Essential Duties - Plans, provides and evaluates professional learning opportunities for administrators and teachers within schools and across the division to build a collective vision and common framework for integrated STEAM education.
- Provides instructional supports to promote student achievement including: classroom visits, observing STEAM instruction, planning for instruction, modeling, co-teaching, consulting, reflection, and supportive and specific feedback to teachers as needed.
- Collaborates regularly with supervisor and building administrators to address areas of greatest need; including the development of curriculum, updating existing curriculum, and effectively incorporating STEAM into the content areas.
- Analyzes data to establish goals and monitor improvement.
- Provides assistance and resources to teachers to meet the varied learning needs of students.
- Supports and encourages inquiry-based, hands-on, and lab-based instruction for all students in grades K-12.
- Assists teachers with classroom organization, materials procurement, and learning activities that support learning targets and objectives.
- Reviews assessment results by school and division, and participates in the development of school improvement plans.
- Assists teachers with using assessment data to plan instruction.
- Models instructional practices in a variety of settings and provide follow-up support to ensure effective teacher implementation.
- Provides professional development for teachers as needed in the use of the curriculum and ancillary materials that align with and extends STEAM initiatives.
- Provides coaching and modeling for teachers in organizing STEAM instruction, student assessment, lesson design and related instructional delivery, including effective teaching and learning strategies.
- Integrates the VDOE K-12 Computer Science Standards as appropriately aligned to learning objectives.
- Collaborates with other curriculum specialist to provide an integrated program and ensure K-12 alignment.
- Conducts or participate in workshops, committees, and conferences designed to promote the intellectual, social, and physical welfare of students.
- Assists teachers in the development and implementation of effective classroom management strategies, instructional planning and classroom organization.
- Stays abreast of national and state standards, and current trends and issues of assigned content area and best practice; serve on a variety of state and local committees.
- Attends work daily and be engaged in job responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned