JobID 3191 : Secondary Social Studies Teacher (#796206)
Posted 2 years ago
Lawrence Central High School is currently accepting applications for a Social Studies teacher for the 2018-19 school year. Job requirements and qualifictions are as follows:
- Develop lesson plans and deliver effective instruction.
- Utilize best practices in the classroom and take advantage of professional development to grow as a professional educator.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning with age appropriate expectations and opportunities for growth.
- Develop effective lesson plans for management of behavior, exhibit positive human relations skills with parents and faculty, and present self as a professional educator.
- Deliver appropriate instruction that follows state standards and curriculum mapping.
- Differentiate instruction to meet individual student learning styles
- Effectively implement one-to-one use of instructional technology
- Must hold a valid Indiana Teaching License in U.S.History, preferably with an AP Endorsement
- Ability to develop rapport and demonstrate professionalism with high school students, parents, staff, and the community.
- Flexibility and expertise to adjust for various situations or student learning needs.
- Positive Role Model
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with students, faculty and administration
- Organizational skills required