||Assistant School Business Administrator
||Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or minimum 5 years related experience
||The Summit Public Schools seeks an organized and highly engaged Staff Accountant to join our Business Office team. The Staff Accountant has the primary responsibility to coordinate all areas of payroll preparation including pension, taxes, online submissions and quarterly reports as well as oversight of student activities for the district.
- Coordinates semi bimonthly payroll for the district.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining deadline dates for payroll input.
- Data input of all payroll salaries and stipends based on Board of Education approval.
- Detail review of board minutes to verify proper compensation of employees.
- Checks all payroll vouchers for errors and omissions.
- Input of data submitted on all payroll vouchers.
- Processing of all payroll information for employee deductions (I.e.: 403B, W4, loans)
- Analyzes and corrects any discrepancies in payments of employee deductions.
Reporting / Tax Compliance
- Prepare funds for transfer to PR, Agency and Trust bank accounts based on payroll summaries.
- Assists Asst. BA and BA in preparing payroll excel spreadsheets for budget and other analysis.
- Work in tandem with Benefits Specialist to coordinate and manage employee data in Systems 3000 to ensure proper synchronization between personnel and payroll.
- Oversee and reconcile petty cash and student activities funds on a district wide basis
- Responsible for annual audit of student activity records
New Hire / Terminations / Retirement / Changes in Employment
- Prepares paperwork and makes payment on all Federal & State Employment Taxes.
- Submits state share of FICA to NJDOE for state remittance.
- Prepares paperwork and makes payments on NJ Pensions - TPAF, PERS, DCRP
- Prepares all Quarterly Reports – 941, WR30, NJ927, PA State
- Prepares year end employee W2
- Maintains employee payroll file for information pertaining to payroll.
- Manages and Processes
- NJ Pension enrollments, retirements, etc.
- NJ State Unemployment
- Monitors and understands changes in NJ and Federal State Laws including:
- Payroll deduction changes
- NJ Pension Reform
- NJ Healthcare Reform
- Spread sheets and compilation of materials for negotiations
- Yearly Audit preparation.
- Answers employee calls and walk-ins in a responsive and professional manner.
- Prepares, files and mails various State and Federal forms. Drafts and types letters, memos, and other payroll related documents.
- Perform tasks that are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, which may be altered or redesigned as necessary.
Individuals interested in applying for this position are asked to apply online at www.summit.k12.nj.us,
select employment by May 25, 2018.
We do NOT
accept email, fax or paper resumes. You must fill out the online application to be considered for this position.